Pivot ranges and INDIRECT

  1. #1
    daveydave60
    Guest

    Pivot ranges and INDIRECT

    Hey Domenic, do you have any good ideas on using an
    INDIRECT function to specify a dynamic PivotTable Range
    in the PivotWizard Range box. Been struggling with this
    for awhile. I figure its impossible. That PivotWizard
    range box just doesn't like a "!". It wants to change it
    to ".xls!".

    some backround? you add rows to the bottom of a range
    which you wish to use as a PT range. If its in the same
    sheet, the indirect function will work with a simple
    refresh of the table. If its in a different sheet, it
    fails.

    I'm stumped.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot ranges and INDIRECT

    Create a dynamic named range, then use the name in the pivot wizard.
    There are instructions here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List