Sumif function with two criteria from different columns

  1. #1
    SamFortMyers
    Guest

    Sumif function with two criteria from different columns

    Can I add a criterion to a SUMIF function?
    After checking the initial range for a value, I want to make sure that the
    cell in the Sum_range is >0 before completing the SUM.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Sumif function with two criteria from different columns

    IF(SUMIF(...)>0,SUMIF(...),"Not valid")

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    SamFortMyers
    Guest

    Re: Sumif function with two criteria from different columns

    This appears to test that the SUM is >0. I wanted to test each component cell
    in the SUM_Range, ignoring any that showed a negative figure.

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Sumif function with two criteria from different columns

    Hi

    how about
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100>0),--(B1:B100="blue"),A1:A100)

    where A1:A100 is the range you want to SUM
    B1:B100 is the range containing your criteria
    and
    blue is the criteria

    check out

    for details on using SUMPRODUCT

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD

  5. #5
    SamFortMyers
    Guest

    Re: Sumif function with two criteria from different columns

    Yes, that's the solution. I found it earlier today checking out that link to
    xldynamic.com that Bob Phillips had referred to in a previous thread.