Remove Line Breaks ALT + ENTER

  1. #1
    Highman
    Guest

    Remove Line Breaks ALT + ENTER

    Hi,

    I' have a sheet with thousands of extra line breaks. In order to import thsi
    sheet I would love to remove all these line breaks automatically. How do I do
    this?

  2. #2
    zackb
    Guest

    Re: Remove Line Breaks ALT + ENTER

    Hi there,

    ASAP Utilities has a function to do this. http://www.asap-utilities.com

    For the Excel user who really gets a lot of use out of Excel, this is a
    great add-in to have.

    HTH, and regards,
    Zack Barresse

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Highman
    Guest

    Re: Remove Line Breaks ALT + ENTER

    Thanks for your speedy reply!

    My problem is the line break itself. Using your excellent tool tranforms the
    characters back into line breaks in Excel. But I would love to get rid of teh
    line break alltogether.

    What can I do?

    Thanks in advance for your help!

  4. #4
    bj
    Guest

    Re: Remove Line Breaks ALT + ENTER

    try <edit><find and replace>
    just enter alt enter in the find and space or whatever in the replace
    (At least works for me in 2002 XL)

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Remove Line Breaks ALT + ENTER

    Highman

    After import you could try Edit>Replace

    what: ALT + 0010(or 0013).....use the numpad to enter the 0010

    with: nothing

    Replace all.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP