How do I filter a list using a greater than todays date function?

  1. #1
    LV
    Guest

    How do I filter a list using a greater than todays date function?

    I'd like users to be able to view data in a worksheet by anything greater
    than todays date. How do I do this without sorting the sheet myself? I'd like
    to customize an autofilter but it seems that I have to go in and define the
    custom filter everytime I want to re-filter the data. And I can't seem to
    figure out how to do it using the advanced filter.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    patrick
    Guest

    RE: How do I filter a list using a greater than todays date function?

    =IF(A1>TODAY(),A1,"")
    This will automatically "hide" the dates earlier than "Today". You may want
    to hide the date column-or you may want to use the spreadsheet and have the
    results with this filtering formula on a 2nd display tab!
    Pat

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: How do I filter a list using a greater than todays date function?

    LV,

    Simplest to do would be add a 'helper" column, with a formula like

    =A1>NOW()

    where A1 has a date (then copy the formula down to match your data). Then
    you can filter your list based on that column, for TRUE values. You will
    need to re-filter to get it to update properly, but that should be easy.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...