equation editor

  1. #1
    lesley
    Guest

    equation editor

    where do I find equation editor and how do I use it?
    --
    lesley

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: equation editor

    Perhaps you are looking for the Equation Editor available in MS Word? Better
    to post in the Word NG, but...

    Get it in Word by Insert>Field and choosing an Eq field, then clicking on
    the Equation Editor button

  3. #3
    Dana DeLouis
    Guest

    Re: equation editor

    Hello. From Excel's menu, do Insert | Object..., and select the "Create
    New" tab.
    Look for "Microsoft Equation 3.0".
    If it's not there, you may have to load it from the Office Cd. You can find
    it there under "Office Tools."

    HTH ;>)
    --
    Dana DeLouis
    Win XP & Office 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: equation editor

    How to use it?

    When the EE is open click on Help.

    Equation Editor basics

    What Is Equation Editor?

    Equation Editor, a special version of the MathType equation editor from Design
    Science, Inc., is customized for use with Microsoft applications. For more
    information about MathType, see Upgrading Equation Editor to MathType.
    Using Equation Editor, you can build complex equations by picking symbols from
    a toolbar and typing variables and numbers. As you build an equation, Equation
    Editor automatically adjusts font sizes, spacing, and formatting in keeping
    with mathematical typesetting conventions. You can also adjust formatting as
    you work and redefine the automatic styles.

    Easy-to-Use Toolbar Symbols and Templates

    The top row of the Equation Editor toolbar has buttons for inserting more than
    150 mathematical symbols, many of which are not available in the standard
    Symbol font. To insert a symbol in an equation, click a button on the top row
    of the toolbar, and then click the specific symbol from the palette that
    appears under the button.
    The bottom row of the Equation Editor toolbar has buttons for inserting
    templates or frameworks that contain such symbols as fractions, radicals,
    summations, integrals, products, matrices, and various fences or matching
    pairs of symbols such as brackets and braces. Many templates contain slots —
    spaces into which you type text and insert symbols. There are about 120
    templates, grouped on palettes. You can nest templates — insert templates in
    the slots of other templates — to build complex hierarchical formulas.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP