How do you format a row to break accross pages in Excel?

  1. #1
    DD
    Guest

    How do you format a row to break accross pages in Excel?

    I know that this can be done easily in a table of a Word document, but is it
    possible in Excel??

  2. #2
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: How do you format a row to break accross pages in Excel?

    Highlight the column that you want to create a page break on...
    For example, if you want Col A thru D on page 1 and Col E thru G on page 2,
    highlight Col E then...
    INSERT / PAGE BREAK

    HTH,
    --
    Gary Brown
    [email protected]

  3. #3
    DD
    Guest

    RE: How do you format a row to break accross pages in Excel?

    Hi Gary,

    Thank you for replying-- actually, I have a cell that has a lot of text in
    it, and instead of splitting that text accross two pages, excel keeps all the
    text together on one page, and consequently leaves a big gap on the previous
    page, since it didn't fit on that page. I am trying to see if I can break
    that cell across the pages, so that it prints even amount of information/text
    on each page. Does this help to clarify my question??

    Thanks!
    DD

  4. #4
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: How do you format a row to break accross pages in Excel?

    DD wrote...
    > . . . I am trying to see if I can break
    >that cell across the pages, so that it prints even amount of

    information/text
    >on each page. . . .

    Impossible. Excel will *ALWAYS* print as much as it can of individual
    cell contents on the *SAME* printout page. Putting this another way,
    Excel lacks the ability to distribute the visible result of cells
    across printout pages.

  5. #5
    DD
    Guest

    Re: How do you format a row to break accross pages in Excel?

    THANK YOU! As much as this is frustrating, it at least gives me a definitive
    answer to my searching and fiddling around with excel. I appreciate your
    response!

    DD