how to convert julian date to regular calendar date

  1. #1
    Ron
    Guest

    how to convert julian date to regular calendar date

    I need help converting Julian Date to regular calendar date.
    I have from 5000 – 10000 Julian Dates in one column. Ex.
    Col A need converted to
    4001 = 1 Jan 04
    5001 = 1 Jan 05
    5030 = 30 Jan 05

    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ron

    --
    Ron

  2. #2
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: how to convert julian date to regular calendar date

    Use the formula =Date(int(a1/1000),1,mod(a1,1000))

    Fred
    Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron
    Guest

    Re: how to convert julian date to regular calendar date

    Thank you Fred, sorry, but I don't understand, is it possible to expand you
    explantion some. If I have 5000 Julian dates in column A how would I use your
    formula?
    Thanks
    --
    Ron

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: how to convert julian date to regular calendar date

    Just some implementation assist ..

    Assume data is in A1:A5000,

    Put in B1 (Fred's formula):
    =DATE(INT(A1/1000),1,MOD(A1,1000))

    Format B1 as Custom, Type: d-mmm-yy

    Copy B1 down to B5000
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  5. #5
    Ron
    Guest

    Re: how to convert julian date to regular calendar date

    Thank your Max, you explained so even I got it to work! Thank YOU!
    --
    Ron

  6. #6
    Max
    Guest

    Re: how to convert julian date to regular calendar date

    Glad to hear that <g> !
    Thanks for the feedback ..
    --
    Rgds