Annualised interest rate

  1. #1
    Linda Adams
    Guest

    Annualised interest rate

    Is it possible to work out an annulised interest rate of a savings plan
    given that I have the following data:

    1. annual premium
    2. number of years (i.e. premiums)
    3. anticipated future value

    I know how to find out the Average Growth Rate of an investment (MS KB
    article 123198) but this assumes that a lump sum investment has been made at
    the start of the period. How can I calcualte what the anticpated growth on
    an investment plan with annual premiums is?

    Linda Adams

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Annualised interest rate

    Check out the RATE() function in XL Help:

    For instance, if you have an annual premium of $100 for 4 years, with an
    anticipated future value of $450, you could use

    =RATE(4,-100,0,450,1) ===> 4.77%

    Using the 1 as the fourth argument assumes that you pay in advance, and
    that the FV is at the *end* of the 4th year.

  3. #3
    Linda Adams
    Guest

    Re: Annualised interest rate

    Many thanks - works perfectly. I felt sure the answer was staring me in the
    face!

    Linda Adams
    news:[email protected]...