Formula/function

  1. #1
    alm09
    Guest

    Formula/function

    Any ideas on how I can do the following?

    I have a grid similar to the following:

    Column A B D
    Group # Totals Group 1
    1 10 Group 2
    1 5 Group 3
    2 20
    3 7
    2 5

    I need the groups in Column D to update as I enter the information in
    Columns A & B. For example, after I have entered everything in Columns A & B
    above, I should see Group 1's total of 15 (10+5), Group 2's total of 25
    (20+5), and Group 3's total of 7. Should I need to add another entry of 10
    for Group 1, I would need that total to increase in Column D for Group 1 by
    10.

    It seems I need a "CountIf" function but not sure how to apply in a formula.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Formula/function

    ="Group 1 = " & COUNTIF($A:$A,1,$B:$B)

    etc.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    Re: Formula/function

    Bob -

    Isn't the OP in need of a SUMIF() here??

    ="Group 1 = " & SUMIF($A:$A,1,$B:$B)

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest