how do I get excel to ignore blank cells in formulas

  1. #1
    rbignami
    Guest

    how do I get excel to ignore blank cells in formulas

    When I design a formula I will get the green upper left triangle indicating a
    problem that the formula references a "blank" cell. At other times the same
    formula will register #Value error.

    I'm and old 123 user and this was never a problem, 123 just ignored the
    bland and assumed the null was a zero. Is there any way to get Excel to also
    assume a null is a zero?

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: how do I get excel to ignore blank cells in formulas

    Hi!

    Not sure what you're asking but to get rid of those annoying colored
    triangles:

    Tools>Options>Error Checking

    Uncheck all of the Rules.

    Biff