Negative percent formula

  1. #1
    Bob
    Guest

    Negative percent formula

    I want to run a spreadsheet with this info
    Period 1 2 3 4
    This yr -1% +2% -2% -3%
    How do i show an increase/decrease per period
    I can do this on positive numbers, say b1/a1-1, but with minus and pluses it
    shows a different result
    Open to suggestions please

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Negative percent formula

    First, make sure your Percentage values are actually numbers, not
    TEXT..........then, assuming your data is in cells A1:E2, then in C3 put
    this formula..........

    =C2-(B2)

    Drag it to E3 and format those cells for %

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3