Lookup returns #NA when search value (text) has leading zeros.

  1. #1
    M-Dickey
    Guest

    Lookup returns #NA when search value (text) has leading zeros.

    I'm working with inventory where drawing numbers have leading zeros. I need
    to lookup the drawing number from a different sheet and return the correct
    part number. The lookup function is returning #N/A for all of the drawing
    numbers that have leading zeros, the rest work just fine. The search values
    are text type on both sheets. The return value is a general type (integer).
    How can I get this to work?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: Lookup returns #NA when search value (text) has leading zeros.

    If you for instance use

    =VLOOKUP(A1,D2:E200,2,0)

    where A1 holds the integer, then try

    =VLOOKUP(TEXT(A1,"00000"),D2:E200,2,0)

    where the number of zeros would be the number of digits you are using

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom