How can I see a copy of a saved workbook before I saved it again?

  1. #1
    Norma
    Guest

    How can I see a copy of a saved workbook before I saved it again?

    I deleted several tabs (from a previously saved) spreadsheet, and
    inadvertently clicked save, rather than "save as", and overwrote the original
    file. How can get a copy of the original spreadsheet back. I was told that
    perhaps it is in the Temp folder. I do have a few .tmp files that were
    updated today in the Temp folder, but am not able to open them.

    I have tried copying and pasting into folder on my desktop, as well as
    opening with Excel, but have had no success.

    Is there a way I can get this original file back? Is there a backup
    somewhere?

  2. #2
    Andy Brown
    Guest

    Re: How can I see a copy of a saved workbook before I saved it again?

    "Norma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Is there a way I can get this original file back? Is there a backup
    > somewhere?

    The standard answer is "it's gone", I'm afraid.

    Regrets,
    Andy

  3. #3
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: How can I see a copy of a saved workbook before I saved it again?

    Unless you have a backup copy (check with you system administrator) then
    it's gone :-(

    For the future, this might help:
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/saveandbackup.htm
    One click on "Save and BackUp" and your work is saved and sequentially
    backed up. This is ideal for anyone developing in Excel, especially where a
    development history is required.

    --
    Regards
    -