Count rows not in sequence

  1. #1
    kamill
    Guest

    Count rows not in sequence

    My spreadsheet has 3000 entries and I'm trying to add the number of rows for
    one person.

    Example -

    Row 112
    Row 114
    Row 899
    Row 1021
    Row 1033

    Can you help?

  2. #2
    ww
    Guest

    RE: Count rows not in sequence

    Try =countif(A1:A3000,"name of person")

  3. #3
    kamill
    Guest

    RE: Count rows not in sequence

    Thanks "ww"

    I tried it but I'm getting zero. columns a-f have other information while
    the name of my person is in column f.

    would I just replace the a with a g?

  4. #4
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Count rows not in sequence

    I'm not sure if the names are in f or g. Use the column with the names.

  5. #5
    kamill
    Guest

    RE: Count rows not in sequence

    I tried that but its still not working. It shows zero as my total.

    I even copied the formula that "ww" gave me and used that and it still gives
    me zero.

    Thanks for your help.

  6. #6
    ww
    Guest

    RE: Count rows not in sequence

    what exactly do you have for a formula?

  7. #7
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Count rows not in sequence

    one of the things that might be happening is that the name as shown may not
    be the name as listed:
    try
    Try =countif(G1:G3000,G112)

    (or "F as required to get the right column)