What is the formula for bank account row balance column

  1. #1
    Hazeldean
    Guest

    What is the formula for bank account row balance column

    A formula resultong in a balance row to take into account debit & credit
    entries

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: What is the formula for bank account row balance column

    Hi

    You need to take the existing balance and add credits, or subtract debits.
    Presumably, on each row you will either have a debit or a credit - but not
    both. With your Debits in column B and your Credits in column C, use
    something like this in column D
    =D2-B3+C3
    This will take the previous total (in D2) and subtract or add the necessary
    values.
    Hope this helps.

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: What is the formula for bank account row balance column

    I don't know about you but I occasionally delete a row,
    and certainly insert rows. So it would be best not to
    refer to the cell above by it's address. See
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

    D3: =D2-B3+C3
    better written as
    D3: =OFFSET(D3,-1,0) - B3 + C3