Is it possible to do a vertical lookup that matches on 2 criteria

  1. #1
    lshaw
    Guest

    Is it possible to do a vertical lookup that matches on 2 criteria

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: Is it possible to do a vertical lookup that matches on 2 criteria

    Post a proper quaetion in the body of the message, your subject line gets
    truncated

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  3. #3
    Mexage
    Guest

    RE: Is it possible to do a vertical lookup that matches on 2 crite

    I agree with Peo, but as a tip: you can drag the border dividing the posts
    and the current one to see all the subject.

    Regarding your question, you cannot do it with the VLookup. The thing is
    that the solution depends on your needs. What would happen if more than two
    values meet the criteria?

    Exactly what do you want to do here?

    G.Morales

  4. #4
    lshaw
    Guest

    RE: Is it possible to do a vertical lookup that matches on 2 crite

    Thanks for the tip!
    I am trying to search a table and match both on a client and date. I am
    fine if it just picks up the first combination because I have already
    summarized the data on that combination.

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: Is it possible to do a vertical lookup that matches on 2 crite

    This method might be of help

    http://tinyurl.com/ctdqo

    just replace the names in the example with cell references where you put
    client and date

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom