pivot table dates are out of order how do I correct them

  1. #1
    D Beals
    Guest

    pivot table dates are out of order how do I correct them

    My pivot table data is appearing with the dates out of order. How do I get
    the dates to appear in order?

    1/1/05 1st date
    1/5/05 2nd date
    1/2/05 third date

  2. #2
    D Beals
    Guest

    RE: pivot table dates are out of order how do I correct them

    I did what you said and the dates still appear out of order. I created a
    pivot table for daily quotes. When I update the pivot table all of the dates
    are ascending except for some reason 5/14/2005 keeps coming up as the last
    date in the table.

  3. #3
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: pivot table dates are out of order how do I correct them

    Right click on the date field within the Pivot Table.
    Select 'Field Settings'
    Select 'Advanced'
    Under 'AutoSort Options', select 'Ascending'.
    HTH,
    --
    Gary Brown
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: pivot table dates are out of order how do I correct them

    Are some of your dates in the original data actually text?
    --
    Gary Brown
    [email protected]