errors using Vlookup

  1. #1
    BLW
    Guest

    errors using Vlookup

    I am using a series of dropdown menus to select items and then using the
    Vlookup function to find information related to that item. My problem is
    that some of the objects work while others don't. Some return the correct
    information, while others return incorrect information either in the form of
    just a 0 or a #N/A error message. Can anyone help please??

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: errors using Vlookup

    Please give us your formulas, the data in the input cells (not what is shown
    normally, but what you see if you Format as General), the results you
    expected and what you got instead.

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    It could be that you do not use the lookupcriteria.

    =vlookup(lookup value, array, column no, FALSE)

    Setting False after the column number causes vlookup to find an EXACT match, leaving it out can be a bit random!

    Alastair