Choose between two cells the lower result of a formula

  1. #1
    Michael Zullo via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Choose between two cells the lower result of a formula

    Please help me with the folowing. I have a tax calc for example sum of x
    minus c6 minus 300 =. And then I have another cell c5 = c7 * 35%. What I
    need to now is how do I get a cell to choose the lower of the two results.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Mangesh
    Guest

    Re: Choose between two cells the lower result of a formula

    =min(C4,C5)

    Assuming
    C4 = sum of x minus c6 minus 300
    C5 = c7 * 35%

    or directly,
    =min(sum of x minus c6 minus 300, c7 * 35%)

    Mangesh

    "Michael Zullo via OfficeKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Michael Zullo via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Choose between two cells the lower result of a formula

    I mean how can I get for example c5 = the smaller of c6 or c7

    Please thanks.

  4. #4
    Mangesh
    Guest

    Re: Choose between two cells the lower result of a formula

    Enter in C5
    =MIN(C6,C7)

  5. #5
    Michael Zullo via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Choose between two cells the lower result of a formula

    what about havcing a cell pick between two other cells depending on the
    result of the first cell. for example:

    c3 = 5 * 5 = taxable income

    0 to 500 choos 10%
    501 to 1000 choose 15%
    1001 to 2000 choose 20%

    could you help me with how do I get the result of the tax on the result (c3)
    which would be 25 * 10%

    if you could help i would appreciate it.

    Thanks.