Bill Payments

  1. #1
    NevHier
    Guest

    Bill Payments

    Hi all
    I have a list of customer account invoices eg:
    £300.76
    £125.87
    £34.26.
    £56.77
    £21.67
    £159.76
    Then a customer makes a lump sum payment of but no information of which
    acctual bills they are paying.
    Is there a way of calculating every different computation of invoice amount
    to try to match them to the ammount paid.
    I hope this explains what I want to do obviously the list I have is a huge
    amount longer than the on above.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    PC
    Guest

    Re: Bill Payments

    Yes there is a way to find a solution, which is not necessarily the only
    solution, using solver.

    Assuming your payments are in A1:A6 and that B1:B6 are blank and that you
    have the formula =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6)*(B1:B6)) in cell A7 then

    Tools/Solver

    Set target cell: A7
    Equal to value of: "the payment"
    By changing cells: B1:B6
    Subject to constraints: Use add and enter B1:B6 = binary

    HTH

    PC

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    I tried the solution and it works, but it doesn't identiry multiple solutions. (If there is more than one combination the equalst the "payment amount"

    How do you get it to identify multiple combinations?