print different row titles in one sheet w/ many pages

  1. #1
    Carman Law
    Guest

    print different row titles in one sheet w/ many pages

    Would like to ask
    1. How to print a row title in say pages 1-10 and another row title in pages
    11-20 within one sheet?
    2. Print row titles in pages 1-10 and then no row titles in pages 11-20
    within one sheet?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: print different row titles in one sheet w/ many pages

    Hi Carman,
    You have to print pages 1-10 separately for page 11-20 using
    the two different headers. 1-10 separately for the other sheet
    and 11-20 with no headers.

    You can do that within a macro.
    Headings for Columns, and Page Numbering
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/headcols.htm

    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: print different row titles in one sheet w/ many pages

    Hi Carman,

    You can find macros for starting and stopping the print with
    different headers. see subtopic
    Restart the printer to print each page with a customized title or footer per page
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/headcols.htm

    For what you describe, it might be better to use a macro to
    create new worksheets and probably in a new workbook strictly
    for reporting purposes, one for each recipient. To print all at once
    the sheets can be grouped and then printed. Always remember to
    ungroup sheets immediately or face damage to workbook as any
    change to one sheet would change the others as well.

    Please try to keep conversations concerning problems within
    the newsgroups. You are less likely to get ignored, when I think
    I can answer something with a little more time but can't or won't answer
    right away, but more important others will benefit as well, and
    mistakes are more likely to be corrected. Also most of us don't
    have all the answers anyway. I do appreciate thanks in email
    or newsgroups -- in newsgroup if it may be ambiguous that a
    question is answered or several people were involved. Very
    few people who answer more questions than they ask are using
    the web interface to newsgroups so we would never see the flag
    that Microsoft Communities has to show a message is answered
    or problem solved.

    ---
    HTH,

    Carman replied in email,
    Thanks for your advice but I am going to send the excel file to corresponding people instead of printing it out by myself. The file
    contains many sheets with each for an individual person. And the data in each sheet is presented in a table format on the first half
    and the second part contains mainly text. That's why I don't want the title header to be carried on every page. I can see under
    'Header or Footer', then 'Sheet', the 'Print Titles' allows us to specify rows or columns to be printed. Is there any way that we
    could further set the page range ? By the way, you have mentioned about Marco. Can I apply Marco in this case and how?

    Many thanks for your help.