Hex low values

  1. #1
    Brad
    Guest

    Hex low values

    Can a string be built that contains a field with a hex value of "00" - spaces
    give a value of "40".

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Hex low values

    Not sure what you mean, exactly - how did you get your value of "40"?

    =DEC2HEX(0,2)

    will return "00"

  3. #3
    Brad
    Guest

    Re: Hex low values

    When I upload the string from excel to the mainframe and look at the hex
    representation of the space I get the value of "40"

  4. #4
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Hex low values

    A space character is 32 or hex 20, not hex 40. Are you sure your
    mainframe file is ASCII text (not EBCIDIC)?

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...