Comparing two columns in two different worksheets

  1. #1
    stevel
    Guest

    Comparing two columns in two different worksheets

    I am trying to compare numbers in two different worksheets. In worksheet one
    I have a list of number and in worksheet two I have a list of numbers, but I
    want to know if a number appears in both worksheets. How do I do this?
    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

  2. #2
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Comparing two columns in two different worksheets

    With the lists in Sheet1 Column A and Sheet2 Column A, somewhere else
    =IF(AND(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,Sheet1!A1)>0,COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,Sheet2!A1)>0),"Duplicate","")
    and copy dwn to the last cell in the ranges,
    Regards,
    Alan.
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Comparing two columns in two different worksheets

    Sorry, that doesnt work, please ignore,
    Cringe,
    Alan.
    =IF(AND(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,Sheet1!A1)>0,COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,Sheet2!A1)>0),"Duplicate","")"Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]...> With the lists in Sheet1 Column A and Sheet2 Column A, somewhere else>=IF(AND(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,Sheet1!A1)>0,COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,Sheet2!A1)>0),"Duplicate","")> and copy dwn to the last cell in the ranges,> Regards,> Alan.> "stevel" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]...>>I am trying to compare numbers in two different worksheets. In worksheetone>> I have a list of number and in worksheet two I have a list of numbers,but I>> want to know if a number appears in both worksheets. How do I do this?>> Thanks in advance for your assistance.>>>>>>

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: Comparing two columns in two different worksheets

    Use a simple countif, assume you do this in sheet1 and the other list is in
    sheet2, insert a new column next to the one in sheet1 assume the list is in A
    and the new column is B

    =IF(COUNTIF('Sheet2'!$A$1:$A$500,A1)>0,"Exists","Non-existant")

    copy down the formula

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  5. #5
    stevel
    Guest

    RE: Comparing two columns in two different worksheets

    I am just trying to be clear on how to use the formula, so if I have two
    separate spreadsheets with numbers and I want to see if the same numbers
    appear in both spreadsheets this formula should work? Thanks again for your
    assistance.

  6. #6
    stevel

  7. #7