IF statement to check cell contents

  1. #1
    Lance Gray
    Guest

    IF statement to check cell contents

    I am trying to check the contents of a cell that displays text, but there is
    a formula in that cell. When I look for the text in the cell, I get an
    error, since I assume that it is really checking the formula and not the text
    name that is displayed.
    How can I check the text and not the actual formula in the cell?
    THanks,
    Lance

  2. #2
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: IF statement to check cell contents

    It will check for the text but you need to encapsulate it in ""

    example =if(A2="March",3,"no month entered")

    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill K
    news:[email protected]...