How do I conditionally delete rows based on cell contents?

  1. #1
    John Chan
    Guest

    How do I conditionally delete rows based on cell contents?

    I would like to delete a whole row based on the contents of a cell that
    resides in the same row to be deleted. This would then apply to the whole
    spreadsheet, row by row.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How do I conditionally delete rows based on cell contents?

    Check out www.ASAP-utilities.com ......they have a free add-in that has a
    feature that should do what you want.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I conditionally delete rows based on cell contents?

    John

    Data>Filter>Autofilter.

    Select the column that would have the cell with the content and filter for
    that value.

    Then F5>Special>Visible cells and OK.

    Edit>Delete row.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP