OFFSET command and linked documents

  1. #1
    DawnS
    Guest

    OFFSET command and linked documents

    I am currently using the OFFSET command to jump from one column to the
    next if I increase the number in Cell A2:-

    =OFFSET('[Time 05.xls]Act 05'!$D$57,0,$A$2-1)

    What this does is returns the value in D57, if number 1 is in cell A2.
    If I change the number in cell A2 to 2, it returns the value in E57,
    etc.

    The problem I have is that it is linked to another spreadsheet and if I
    don't have the other spreadsheet open it returns a #VALUE. Thought I
    could get round this by using INDEX, but can't quite work out how this
    works. Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: OFFSET command and linked documents

    Try...

    =INDEX('[Time 05.xls]Act 05'!$D$57:$IV$57,$A$2)

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    DawnS
    Guest