line break in a cell-Is there a way to get the line break instead of a symbol?

  1. #1
    luvgreen
    Guest

    line break in a cell-Is there a way to get the line break instead of a symbol?

    An expert suggested this formula to me "=TEXT(E31,"mmm-yyyy") & CHAR(13) &
    E42", which puts a square as the line break symbol. Is there a way to get the
    line break instead of a symbol? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    re: line break in a cell-Is there a way to get the line break instead of a symbol?

    First, you need to use CHAR(10) not CHAR(13). Then, go to the
    Format menu, choose Cells, then the Alignment tab. There, check
    the "Wrap text" setting.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    luvgreen
    Guest

    re: line break in a cell-Is there a way to get the line break instead of a symbol?

    Thanks Chip. It worked. I have another question, when the text show as x-axis
    lable, it is still in one line not two lines when it is not horizontal. Is
    there a way to make the label show as two lines?

    Thanks.