ttest function-Does this make any sense to anyone?

  1. #1
    Anita
    Guest

    ttest function-Does this make any sense to anyone?

    Hello

    I have a support call to do for one of my customers. He is using a function
    called Ttest. Unfortunately I have no knowledge on statistics so I don't
    even know what a ttest is ! The formula result has E-15 after it and he
    wants to know what that means and whether it is normal? He also wants to
    calculate probability. Does this make any sense to anyone? I can provide
    more info. if need be.

    The version is 2000.

    Many thanks

    Anita

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    re: ttest function-Does this make any sense to anyone?

    Have you tried looking in HELP index for TTEST

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    re: ttest function-Does this make any sense to anyone?

    Anita -

    Please see my reply to your previous post.

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

  4. #4
    Harley
    Guest

    re: ttest function-Does this make any sense to anyone?

    If the absolute value of the t Stat is greater than the t Critical 2 tail
    value, it means there is a significant difference of the populations.

  5. #5
    Stan Brown
    Guest

    re: ttest function-Does this make any sense to anyone?

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:03:03 -0700, "Anita"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have a support call to do for one of my customers. He is using a function

    Please don't post the same query multiple times. This isn't chat --
    you have to allow a reasonable time for people to read and respond.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com
    Modern cyberspace is a deadly festering swamp, teeming with
    dangerous programs such as "viruses," "worms," "Trojan horses,"
    and "licensed Microsoft software" that can take over your
    computer and render it useless. --Dave Barry