if then statement color coding (or another function???)-circular reference.

  1. #1
    hopeful in jersey
    Guest

    if then statement color coding (or another function???)-circular reference.

    need three colors to display...one for numbers 250 and above, one for numbers
    between 200 and 249, and one for numbers below 200. There is no formula
    entered to calculate the numbers, just straight data entry.

    Can I enter a nesting formula and copy/fill to color code? I tried and got
    a circular reference.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    AnisaF
    Guest

    re: if then statement color coding (or another function???)-circular reference.

    Hi You will have to use conditional formating. Format -> Conditional formating

    Condition 1 - If cell value is greater than or equal to 250 - Format (Can
    Specify a color)

    Condition 2 - If cell value is between 200 and 249 - Format (Specify
    another color)

    Condition 3 - If cell value is less than 200 - Format (Specify another color)

    --
    Anisa

  3. #3
    JMB
    Guest

    re: if then statement color coding (or another function???)-circular reference.

    Use conditional formatting (click format/conditional formatting). Clicking
    the Add button expands the screen to allow more than one condition (and
    format). Luckily, you only need 3 as this is the maximum number of
    conditional formats.