soduko

  1. #1

    soduko

    Is there a way of checking the whole nine boxes individually so that there are no two numbers the same in each box? i have done the rows and columns with countif but need each separate box to show if they are doubled thanks

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: soduko

    Assuming the number are in A1:I9, put this formula in M1, and copy down and
    across to U9

    =COUNTIF(OFFSET(INDEX($A$1:$I$9,INT((ROW(A1)+2)/3)*3-2,INT((COLUMN(A1)+2)/3)
    *3-2),,,3,3),A1)>1

    Bob Phillips

    "webby62" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    reply

    thanks for replying but im looking to check numcbers that are matching in say A:3+B:3+C+3:then another section of boxes D:3+E:3+F:3 in numerous boxes but obviously each box individually

    1 8 5
    2 2 6
    3 4 7

  4. #4
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: soduko

    webby62 wrote:
    > thanks for replying but im looking to check numcbers that are matching
    > in say A:3+B:3+C+3:then another section of boxes D:3+E:3+F:3 in
    > numerous boxes but obviously each box individually
    >
    > 1 8 5
    > *2 2* 6
    > 3 4 7

    =1-(COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(A1:C1,A1:C1))=COUNT(A1:C1))

    1 as result means duplicates in the record, 0 no duplicates. A totally
    empty record will be treated as one with no duplicates.

    --

    [1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
    their Excel numeric equivalents.

  5. #5
    Leo Heuser
    Guest

    Re: soduko

    "webby62" <[email protected]> skrev i en
    meddelelse news:[email protected]...

    > Is there a way of checking the whole nine boxes individually so that
    > there are no two numbers the same in each box? i have done the rows
    > and columns with countif but need each separate box to show if they
    > are doubled thanks
    >

    > --
    > webby62

    Webby

    Assuming Sudoku square in A1:i9, enter this formula in e.g. K1:

    =IF(ISERROR(MODE(OFFSET($A$1:$C$3,(ROWS($K$1:K1)-1)*3,
    (COLUMNS($K$1:K1)-1)*3))),"No dups","Dups")

    Copy K1 to K1:M3

    K1 will check for duplicates in the square A1:C3, L1 for duplicates in
    D1:F3,
    K2 for duplicates in A4:C6 etc.

    Nice game Sudoku :-)

    --
    Best Regards
    Leo Heuser

    Followup to newsgroup only please.

  6. #6

    Great

    Thankyou for your time and help regards kevin

  7. #7
    Leo Heuser
    Guest

    Re: soduko

    You're welcome, Kevin :-)

    LeoH

  8. #8
    Forum Expert
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,256

    Sukodu

    Here is zip-file with the Sudoku game.
    The 9X9 square can be expanded to a 18X18 square or bigger.

    Good thinking
    Ola Sandström

    Link: http://www.andypope.info/fun/sudoku.htm
    Attached Files Attached Files