Auto increment over multiple worksheets

  1. #1

    Auto increment over multiple worksheets

    I couldn't really figure out how to search the forums for this one... sorry I just don't know the terms that would make a topic such as this one show up for me.

    My question is, (or is it even possible?) :

    I am setting up a summary sheet of multiple worksheets and I'm making multiple columns. Each column corresponds to a specific cell in each worksheet I want to be able to drag down a column using the auto increment feature and have it increment the worksheet so that column 1 row 1 has worksheet 1 cell 1 and column 1 row 2 has worksheet 2 cell 1 etc.

    I'd just like an automatic way instead of having to change the worksheet name each time.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Auto increment over multiple worksheets

    Hi!

    If the sheet names are the default names: Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, etc OR if
    the sheet names are something like 1, 2, 3, etc, OR Week1, Week2, Week3,
    etc, then something like this will work:

    For SheetX:

    =INDIRECT("sheet"&ROW(1:1)&"!A1")

    For 1, 2

    =INDIRECT(ROW(1:1)&"!A1")

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Auto increment over multiple worksheets

    Ethan

    If Sheet1, Sheet2 etc. enter this formula in A1 of your master sheet.

    =INDIRECT("'Sheet" & (ROW() & "'!$A$1")

    Drag/copy down column B.

    If sheets have unique names, enter the sheet names in a column and use this
    formula.

    =INDIRECT(B1 & "!$A$1")

    If spaces in sheetnames use =INDIRECT("'" & B1 & "'!$A$1")

    Assume sheet names were in B1:B10 you would copy down 10 cells.

    Your ranges may differ, so adjust to suit.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Biff

  5. #5