Difficult look up formula

  1. #1
    Alex
    Guest

    Difficult look up formula

    I have the following example of cell values in the MSO column on Sheet1

    MSO
    NPQW1
    NQCT8
    NQCT8

    I have the following example of cell values in the TRK column on Sheet2

    TRK
    JVB65/NVZH9/Z1D00465
    JVB65/NVZJ0/Z1D00464
    JVB65/NVZK5/Z1K04341
    JVB65/NWBZ5/Z1B02051
    JVBBP-MPQB8 2653008
    JVBBP-NNGX7 2397611
    JVBBP-NPTZ9 2516847
    JVBBP-NPVB0 2516847

    I need to add an additional column in Sheet 1 and for each MSO in sheet1, I
    need to see if there is a matching MSO anywhere in the TRK column on Sheet 2.
    If there is, I need to enter the ORDER# of the matching TRK. I'm stumped
    because of the of the different formatting the the TRK column. Any help is
    appreciated. Thanks so much.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Difficult look up formula

    Hi!

    Out of the samples you posted, what matches?

    I don't see anything that is even close to a match!

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alex
    Guest

    Re: Difficult look up formula

    You're right - I was just copying and pasting and didn't match them. I've
    added some that match:

    I have the following example of cell values in the MSO column on Sheet1

    MSO
    NPQW1
    NQCT9
    NQCT8

    I have the following example of cell values in the TRK column on Sheet2

    TRK
    JVB65/NVZH9/Z1D00465
    JVB65/NPQW1/Z1D00464
    JVB65/NVZK5/Z1K04341
    JVB65/88234592/Z1B02051
    JVBBP-MPQB8 2653008
    JVBBP-NNGX7 2397611
    JVBBP-NQCT8 2516847
    JVBBP-NPVB0 2516847

    I need to add an additional column in Sheet 1 and for each MSO in sheet1,
    I need to see if there is a matching MSO anywhere in the TRK column on
    Sheet 2.
    If there is, I need to enter the ORDER# of the matching TRK. I'm stumped
    because of the of the different formatting the the TRK column. Thanks again!

  4. #4
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: Difficult look up formula

    Was this already not answered earlier on Jun 14
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...4575c4d78c6f8e

    What different now?

  5. #5
    Alex
    Guest

    Re: Difficult look up formula

    No because it's reversed, but I'll figure it out