If Statement Question

  1. #1

    If Statement Question

    Hi

    I was wondering if it were possible to do the following;

    I have a cell picking up a total but I need it to subtract amounts from a possible 5 other cells. The problem is that the cells may or may not need to be subtracted. There is a list box to the left of the dollar amounts that need to be subtracted and I only need to subtact them if the same list box item is choosen.
    For example I have total cash in Cell H5 now i need to subtract amounts from F21-F24 but only if the listbox next to them has Cash selected.

    Any Help Would Be Appreciated.

    thank you

    Redwings04

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: If Statement Question

    Need more information, such as where is the listbox (which I assume is a
    data validation dropdown and not a listbox), and what do you want if the
    listbox does NOT = cash?
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    "redwings04" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks for the response.
    You are right it is just a data valadation drop box, and if it doesn't = cash i want it not to subtract it.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Matt Lunn
    Guest

    RE: If Statement Question

    This is how I'd do it. Make sure that the adjacent cell to column F were
    linked cells to the listboxes (post back if you're not sure how to do this).
    So E21 is the linked cell to the first listbox, E22 the second listbox etc.

    in I5 enter the following

    =SUM((E21:E24="Cash")*(F21:F24))

    and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter

    This will give you the amount you need to subtract from H5

    HTH
    Matt

  5. #5
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: If Statement Question

    Say the present formula in H5 is:
    =SUM(A1:A10)

    Picking Column G as the one containing the dropdown, try this in H5:

    =SUM(A1:A10)-SUMIF(G21:G24,"Cash",F21:F24)
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...