Format to Thousands and x-foot the sum

  1. #1
    Jeanne
    Guest

    Format to Thousands and x-foot the sum

    For Finance Department - internal purposes, we have a balance sheet printed
    to the penny. For Board of Directors, we need to omit the hundreds. How do
    I switch the sheet to only display the thousands and have the x-foot total
    tie out in thousands?

  2. #2
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: Format to Thousands and x-foot the sum

    "Jeanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > For Finance Department - internal purposes, we have a balance sheet

    printed
    > to the penny. For Board of Directors, we need to omit the hundreds. How

    do
    > I switch the sheet to only display the thousands and have the x-foot total
    > tie out in thousands?

    Format Cells - Custom Format and use #, as the format. Do NOT omot the
    comma! This will actually round up to the nearest thousand, so you might
    have the odd rounding difference.