renaming copied worksheets deleting .xls]

  1. #1
    dhl
    Guest

    renaming copied worksheets deleting .xls]

    I am coping existing worksheets needing to rename weekly tabs.
    The wkshts copy over using a .xls] name.
    I cannot remove this to save properly.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Re: renaming copied worksheets deleting .xls]

    Close excel
    open windows explorer
    Find that file.

    I bet you have a [ or ] in the name of the file.

    Rename the file to get rid of any/all those characters.

    Then back to excel to test it out!

  3. #3
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: renaming copied worksheets deleting .xls]

    "dhl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I am coping existing worksheets needing to rename weekly tabs.
    > The wkshts copy over using a .xls] name.
    > I cannot remove this to save properly.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks!

    How are you copying the worksheets?