percentage :How do I auto change text colour in excel to reflect the value ent

  1. #1
    sslurp00
    Guest

    percentage :How do I auto change text colour in excel to reflect the value ent

    I'm using office 2000, I'm trying to get the text for a row to change colour
    according to the value that is calculated as a percentage in the last box...

    EG: For values between 0 - 90% Red Text, 91 - 95% Amber, 96 - 100% Green...

    Any clues, Thanx...

  2. #2
    COnditional Formatting (from the Format Menu) is your simplest solution. Set your conditions based on an absolute reference and a Formula Is if you want to base the formatting from one cell:

    Condition1 :

    =if(AND($A$1>0,$A$1<.9),True,False)

    where A1 is the cell that contains the percentage that sets the format for the row (your "Last Box" as posted). use the Format... Font tab to set the colour as required. Set the other conditions as required

    You are limited to 3 conditions (Excel Limit I'm afraid); You could write some VB that gets you around this based on events in a range on the sheet - too much to detail here if you don't need it ...

  3. #3
    Ashish Mathur
    Guest

    re: percentage :How do I auto change text colour in excel to reflect the value ent

    Hi,

    While conditional formatting may be the best way to accomplisht this, there
    is another way to accoimplisht this by using format cells.

    Select the cell to be coloured and press Ctrl+1 (Format celsl dialog box)

    Now under custome category type the following in the Type box

    [Red][<0.9]0%;[Green][<0.95]0%;0%

    While you do not get the colours you want, it still serves the purpose.

    Also remember to format the cell in % format

    Regards,