How do I unlock a protected worksheet:password protected

  1. #1
    Terry Swift
    Guest

    How do I unlock a protected worksheet:password protected

    I have a password protected worksheet that nobody seems to know the password
    to. How can i get around the password protection to change the cell
    structures such as fonts, etc.?

    Terry

  2. #2
    Michael
    Guest

    re: How do I unlock a protected worksheet:password protected

    Hi Terry
    Have a look here for bypassing passwords.

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
    and here
    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/links/pword.htm

    Keep in mind though that the previous user put a password on there for a
    reason. Make a copy of your sheet before you make any changes

    HTH
    Michael Mitchelson

  3. #3
    Terry Swift
    Guest

    re: How do I unlock a protected worksheet:password protected

    Michael,

    Thanks for the info. This is for a potential client of mine who got the
    spreadsheet from a company they do business with. The company says they
    didn't password protect the file, but it asks for one and you can't change
    any of the fonts, font sizes, or cell structures without it.

    I told my client to be to copy and paste first. We'll see how that works.