leave a cell blank-condition is not fulfilled

  1. #1
    nicolas
    Guest

    leave a cell blank-condition is not fulfilled

    I am looking for a function that leaves a cell blank.
    I am using now a function like: IF(condition,=1,""). So that if hte
    condition is not fulfilled the cell remains blank (as it was before).
    The problem is that "" is different than a blank cell! When you make some
    chart excel takes "" as a zero value, but skips the blank cells.

    Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    re: leave a cell blank-condition is not fulfilled

    Nicolas,

    =IF(condition,1,NA())

    The NA() will be ignored by your chart.

    HTH,