Recognizing Numbers or names as duplicates

  1. #1
    texansgal
    Guest

    Recognizing Numbers or names as duplicates

    I am wondering if there is any way to program Excel to be able to prevent
    duplicating a number or a name. I can't have it sorted by either of these, I
    must have it sorted by date...

    Thanks,
    Vanessa

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Recognizing Numbers or names as duplicates

    Prevention of duplicates......

    See Chip Pearson's site

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm

    At bottom of that page see links to other functions like highlighting
    duplicates, deleting duplicates and others.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP