custom list does not sort-Federal fiscal year,

  1. #1
    gitttep
    Guest

    custom list does not sort-Federal fiscal year,

    I have established a custom list using the three first letters of the 12
    months, but need a sorting order to correspond to the Federal fiscal year,
    i.e., starting with "Oct" and ending with "Sep." This list in this order has
    been saved under the custom list component of Excel. When I want to sort a
    number of events by this order, the process changes the order from what it
    was before, but not in the order established in the custom list, nor
    alphabetical.
    I'm working in Windows XP, Excel 2000.

  2. #2
    Matt Lunn
    Guest

    re: custom list does not sort-Federal fiscal year,

    Hi,

    Click the Options button on the Dort dialog box (Data>Sort) Your custom list
    should appear in the First Key Sort Order drop down box. Choose it and click
    OK.

    HTH,
    Matt

  3. #3
    gitttep
    Guest

    re: custom list does not sort-Federal fiscal year,

    thanks for taking the time to answer my bulletin. I meant to imply that ,
    once I set up the custom list, I also clicked on it in the Options box when
    I wanted to perform the sort. No luck! Any other suggestions? Thanks.

  4. #4
    Matt Lunn
    Guest

    re: custom list does not sort-Federal fiscal year,

    Hi,

    is the custom list Jan to Dec or something else. Could you please post some
    more details i.e actual values?

    Thanks,
    Matt

  5. #5
    gitttep
    Guest

    re: custom list does not sort-Federal fiscal year,

    The list starts with October and ends with September:
    Oct
    Nov
    Dec
    Jan