How to average every 10 numeric values

  1. #1

    How to average every 10 numeric values

    How can I create automatically an average of every 10 numeric value in one column and display the result in the next column?

    For example, I have 3000 Readings in one column and want to see the average of every 10 readings in the next column. So the next column will show 300 averaged readings without any blanc fields in between.
    Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: How to average every 10 numeric values

    If your data is in A1:A3000, in B1 enter:

    =AVERAGE(OFFSET(B$1,10*(ROW(B1)-1),-1):OFFSET(B$1,10*(ROW(B1)-1)+10,-1))

    Copy down as needed.

    Lightly tested, but should work.

    --

    Vasant

    "emel24" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How to average every 10 numeric values

    Hi!

    Values in A1:A3000

    In B1 enter:

    =AVERAGE(OFFSET(A$1,(ROW(1:1)-1)*10,,10))

    Copy down to B300

    Biff

  4. #4
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: How to average every 10 numeric values

    Nice, Biff; better than my solution! :-)

    Regards,

    Vasant

    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Thank you very much to you all! It works very good!!! :-)

  6. #6
    Biff

  7. #7
    Vasant Nanavati