Whether 3 diff fields are blank determines several different resul

  1. #1
    Bill R
    Guest

    Whether 3 diff fields are blank determines several different resul

    This formula is very involved and I am not sure what to use.

    Basically whether (BU25) is blank or checked determines whether or not the
    rest of the formula should be used or if the field should be left blank.

    Next, whether (CK24) is checked or blank determines whether the value should
    be pulled from sheet ("SL 2'!E24) or ('JL 2'!E24).

    Then, if (BU28) is not blank the values should be pulled from ('SL&AH
    2'!E24) or if (BU28) and (CK24) are not blank then the values should be
    pulled from ('JL&AH 2'!E24).

    I have been trying to use =IF(ISBLANK) but I can't seem to link it all
    together. What do you suggest? Should I use a different type of formula? Can
    you give me an example, Please? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Whether 3 diff fields are blank determines several different resul

    =IF(ISBLANK(BU25),"",IF(ISBLANK(CK24),'SL 2'!E24,JL 2'!E24)

    handles the first two conditions. Based on your description, BU28 will never
    get tested (as CK24 is either blank or not).

    Do you have you logic in the correct order?

    RP

    news:[email protected]...