Calulating Age Formula

  1. #1
    YUMBUG
    Guest

    Calulating Age Formula

    Need Formula for calulating age from birthdate from current date. I have used
    =VALUE((2005)-YEAR(birthdate)), but this gives me the age of year as of end
    of 2005. I need formula to calulate age as of today's date or by current
    month. I want to show the age in the cell next to the birthdate without
    using a date reference from another cell.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן
    Guest

    RE: Calulating Age Formula

    Try using: DATEDIF
    (no documentation in most Excel versions HELP)
    look in here:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
    Michael Avidan
    "Office" - forum manager
    http://forums.tapuz.co.il/office

  3. #3
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: Calulating Age Formula

    YUMBUG wrote...
    >Need Formula for calulating age from birthdate from current date. I have used
    >=VALUE((2005)-YEAR(birthdate)), but this gives me the age of year as of end
    >of 2005. I need formula to calulate age as of today's date or by current
    >month. I want to show the age in the cell next to the birthdate without
    >using a date reference from another cell.

    =YEAR(TODAY()-birthdate)-YEAR(0)

    would be one way using only documented function calls. Using the
    usually undocumented DATEDIF requires something like

    =DATEDIF(birthdate,TODAY(),"Y")

  4. #4
    YUMBUG
    Guest