IF - Nesting... almost got it - need a bit of help

  1. #1
    AngelaG
    Guest

    IF - Nesting... almost got it - need a bit of help

    =IF(S8="CLOSED","1","0")
    Got that far... but need a final push

    I need it to say - if =CLOSED 1
    if =OPEN 0

    If you feel so inclined to continue with my saga
    Then I want these findings to carry over into colums B & C
    B column IF(W8=1,"T8","")
    C column IF(W8=0,"T8","")
    am I headed in the right direction?

    Thanks!!!!

  2. #2
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: IF - Nesting... almost got it - need a bit of help

    =IF(S8="CLOSED","1",if(S8="OPEN","0",""))
    this will return text fields

    if you want to return numbers 1 and 0 so that the B and C columns will be
    able to recognise them
    =IF(S8="CLOSED",1,if(S8="OPEN",0,""))

    --
    Greetings from New Zealand