mass cell data editing

  1. #1
    George B.
    Guest

    mass cell data editing

    Hello, I have many cells containing the same data. I would like to change a
    letter or number in all of them at the same time instead of clicking on each
    cell and editing one cell at a time. Please see below for example:
    I have;
    A B C
    1 AB1 AB1 AB1
    2 AB1 AB1 AB1
    3 AB1 AB1 AB1

    I want to change all cell data of "AB1" to "AX1". I now have to click on
    each cell and manually edit.

    How can I select all cells above, ie., A1 thru C3 and change all "AB1" cell
    data to "AX1" all at the same time? Below is what I would like to end up
    with.

    A B C
    1 AX1 AX1 AX1
    2 AX1 AX1 AX1
    3 AX1 AX1 AX1

    I appreciate any advice anyone can give me! This would really help.
    Thank you in advance,
    George B.

  2. #2
    Rowan
    Guest

    RE: mass cell data editing

    Select the entire range. From the Edit menu select Replace. In Find What type
    AB1. In Replace With type AX1. Click on Replace All.

  3. #3
    George B.
    Guest

    RE: mass cell data editing

    Thank you so much Rowan! This will save me a whole lot of time :-)
    I really appreciate it!
    George B.