Interest calculation

  1. #1
    JohnP
    Guest

    Interest calculation

    Interest rate: 6.9%
    Amount: 2500
    Period: 24 months

    The company says monthly payments wil be 111.63. But none of the excel
    formulas I've tried (PMT, PV, IPMT) return the same.

    Note: I do not have & cannot install CUMIMPT

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Interest calculation

    =PMT(6.9%/12,24,2500)
    Indicates a payment of 111.82, suggesting that your final payment will
    be 116.46
    =FV(6.9%/12,23,-111.63,2500)*(1+6.9%/12)
    if you only pay 111.63 per month. Another possibility is that the
    raight is slightly under 6.9%, but
    =RATE(24,-111.63,2500)*12
    returns 6.73%, so the difference would be more than just rounding.

    Jerry

  3. #3
    JohnP
    Guest

    Re: Interest calculation

    Thanks. Strange, isn't it?

    I have now been able to add-in CUMIPMT. Any use to me?

    John

  4. #4
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Interest calculation

    Is the 6.9% the stated note rate or the APR?
    Did you pay a fee of some kind?

  5. #5
    JohnP
    Guest

    RE: Interest calculation

    Sorry, good point. The rate ia an APR. There are no fees or protection
    payments involved.