Hyperlink problem

  1. #1
    Glenn Richardson
    Guest

    Hyperlink problem

    I have a spreadsheet with a couple of worksheets, in one of the
    worksheets I have a hyperlink to a specific cell in the other
    worksheet.

    e.g. Cell A1 in worksheet 1 has a link to cell A2 in worksheet 2 (with
    the text 'Phone' in it). If I was to insert a row above row 2 in
    worksheet 2, I still want the link in worksheet 1 to take me to the
    cell with the text 'Phone' in it (Which is now A3 after I have inserted

    the row).

    I realise I can go and change the link manually, but the example above
    is a simplfied version of my document and inserting a row moves about
    30 hyperlinks!!!

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers
    Glenn

  2. #2
    David Hepner
    Guest

    RE: Hyperlink problem

    You can create named cell reference for the cells that you want to hyperlink.
    Then link the named cell to the defined name in the hyperlink box. For
    example, in worksheet2 in cell A2 that contains phone, goto
    Insert>Name>Define and give that cell a name. Then goto worksheet1 and select
    the cell that you want to hyperlink and goto Insert>Hyperlink and select the
    defined name.

    Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Glenn Richardson