How do I assign a text value to a variable number of rows?

  1. #1
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do I assign a text value to a variable number of rows?

    yes, but you need to give us more detail.

    if range("a1")=2 then
    range("a2:a200").name="Bill"

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    "Jday" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a worksheet that contains up to 4000 rows of data. I want to

    assign a
    > unique name a variable number of rows based on the outcome of a formula in
    > another sheet. Let me try to make it clear: I have the 4000 rows of
    > information. I have 50 people that I want to assign the information in

    these
    > rows to. Based on the varible the frist person has the first 483 rows.

    The

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do I assign a text value to a variable number of rows?

    You can use a for/each loop adding the number to the last one using the idea
    I gave you.

    BTW. It is NOT useful for you to jump on those trying to offer assistance.
    Sometimes we like a little humor around here.

  3. #3
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: How do I assign a text value to a variable number of rows?

    I offered you the help of my opinion, that sometimes, the cure may be worse
    then the illness.

    If your goal is to complete a project, then follow my suggestion and do it
    manually, so that the cost of the project (to you ... or to the client) does
    not become prohibitive (time *is* money).

    If, on the other hand, you're just looking to prove a point to someone,that
    "it" can be done much easier and/or quicker, then by all means, keep
    checking back here until someone does come up with a viable suggestion.

    RD

    "Jday" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What is that supposed to mean? I'm looking for help to solve a problem

    that
    > I can't figure out for myself, not a critique on how long it should take

    me

  4. #4
    Jday

  5. #5
    RagDyeR

  6. #6
    Jday
    Guest

    Re: How do I assign a text value to a variable number of rows?

    I appreciate your help. Let me try to describe it better.

    if range("a1")=100 then range("a2:a100").name "Bill"

    Then I want the next name to be assigned to the following rows
    if range("b1")=125 then range"a101:a226".name"John"

    How can I do this so that the new name starts 1 cell after the last name
    ends. I have over forty names to do this for. I've been trying for hours to
    figure it out.

  7. #7
    Don Guillett

  8. #8