comparing:=right and =vlookup

  1. #1
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    comparing:=right and =vlookup

    Marc,

    It is probably because you are now comparing a text value to a numeric
    value. Try converting the lookup value, something like

    =VLOOKUP(VALUE(B14),E14:F16,2,FALSE)

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    re: comparing:=right and =vlookup

    Instead of RIGHT(some_cell,1), use this variation:
    --RIGHT(some_cell,1)

    (that's 2 minus signs in front)

    Does that hellp?

    Ron

  3. #3
    Marc
    Guest

    re: comparing:=right and =vlookup

    Ron -

    Both your and Bob's suggestions work! I appreciate the quick feedback.

    Marc

  4. #4
    Marc
    Guest

    re: comparing:=right and =vlookup

    Bob -
    Both you and Ron gave excellent, working suggestions. Thank you very much.
    Marc

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips

  7. #7
    Marc

  8. #8
    Marc

  9. #9
    Marc
    Guest

    =right and =vlookup

    Hello -

    I've extracted the right character from a list of prices ($12.99 my result
    is 9). Now when I do a vlookup using a table array in which I have typed
    1-9, I get N/A instead of the result column to which I point. I've tried
    changing all of the formats to number, general, and text, but I can't seem to
    get it.

    Thanks for any help.

    Marc

  10. #10