Compare 2 columns to see differences

  1. #1
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Compare 2 columns to see differences

    Take a look at

    http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther

  2. #2
    Bugaglugs
    Guest

    Re: Compare 2 columns to see differences

    Thanks very much for responding so promptly - I think that I must be doing
    something wrong as this doesn't appear to be working, or at least giving me
    any answer......

    Say for example this is what I have;
    Column A(i.e. all the accounts my company manages)
    Tesco
    Sainsbury
    Asda
    Morrisons

    And in column B (accounts my team has dealt with)
    Tesco
    Morrisons

    I want Column C to show, or at least indicate that we should also try to see
    Sainsbury and Asda

  3. #3
    Ashish Mathur
    Guest

    RE: Compare 2 columns to see differences

    Hi,

    Assuming the names in column A are in range A3:A5 and in column B in range
    B3:B5. In cell C3, array enter the following formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

    =IF(OR(EXACT(A3,$B$3:$B$5)),"","Potential")

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Ashish Mathur

  4. #4